Sunday, July 8, 2012

Chèvre, I heart you

Dinner at Chartier is one of the reasons we come to Paris. It's THE classic French restaurant - solid food, rude waiters, cheap wine and shared tables. We usually visit Chartier the last night in Paris, but since very little was open on a Sunday night we broke with tradition. The place had a few empty tables when we arrived and had a line 40 deep when we left.

Dinner started with a traditional green salad, escargots and a country terrine. All absolutely tasty. We each had the steak au poivre - perfectly cooked, but a bit tough (what can you expect for €11 though). The fries were piping hot and the sauce was very flavorful.

For dessert we opted for a cheese course, of course. I credit the Chèvre at Chartier, which we first had in March of 2009, with my love of cheese. So we had to order it, along with a mild blue. The blue came with a dollop of butter - yes, butter for the cheese. Mmmmm. To accompany dessert I got a glass of Port and Ryan got a glass of Calvados.

Another great meal at Chartier.

Oh yeah, and as we left we almost forgot my umbrella, which would have made me quite mad as I've lost umbrellas in Munich and Zurich already.

No comments:

Post a Comment