Wednesday, July 11, 2012

A simple wine tasting

Neither Ryan or I are big white wine drinkers, so when I found the ad for the Alsatian wine tasting at Hannong Bar I booked it. And I am so glad I did.

Located in the Hannong Hotel, the bar advertised a €15 tasting of four local wines. Christophe, the house sommelier, leads the tastings. We arrived at 6 pm and Christophe did not seem to know we were coming, which concerned me. My worries were quickly abated when, after the second glass, he gave us an extra tasting of a Grand Cru Pinot Gris from 14 km outside of Strasbourg, which was amazing. He then proceeded to give us another extra glass of white, before our Pinot Noir and sweet wines. To top it all off he gave us a glass of Crement - a sparkling white - to "cleanse our palate." In total we tasted seven different wines for only €15!

Strasbourg just keeps getting better and better.

No comments:

Post a Comment